To crave and to have are as like as a thing and its shadow.
This is the fact that hits you when you finish the book. In our world when idealism Vs Realism is the norm how far can we go to be who we are or want to be? No one can answer that question and sometimes the answers aren’t forthcoming (or rather left hanging).
Why? Ours is not to reason why. For the author Deepti Menon leaves it to the readers to put on their intellect cap and figure out for themselves how to react to her book. Yes, this is the most interesting part.
Shadow in the Mirror, published by Readomania is a multi-layered novel with stories within the stories and yet they somehow trace their connections to each other. Across the ages and the different eras the story sweeps in and out like a queen who knows what spell she’s weaving.
Why you will like this book?
- Cover: An arresting cover picture with the huge maroon bindi piques interest of all kinds of readers
- Layers: The weaving of the different stories within one makes up for a very interesting read (however, do note the important points of relationships and don’t get lost in the story ). Try and make connections with the stories
- Psychology : Those who have studies Psychology will get the peeling of the layers immediately. It’s the others who need to be informed that this book is somehow a blend of Carl Jung’s Shadow concept as well as emerging neurosis. Carl Jung says: We never see others. Instead we see only aspects of ourselves that fall over them. Shadows. Projections. Our associations.
The same way old painters would sit in a tiny dark room and trace the image of what stood outside a tiny window, in the bright sunlight.
- Idealism Vs Realism: What’s ideal and what’s real comes to the fore giving a very important message to all the young people out there. This book therefore is a must read for young and old who simply never outgrow their narcissistic stage (Mirror is a metaphor for that)
- Like some chills and thrills? This is a book that gives both with a surprising twist to the tale. Though you see it coming… you still don’t expect it.
The book basically talks about not the exact image, but everything reversed or upside down. That’s one of the reasons I picked the book to read. I hope you too will be intrigued to buy since like always I don’t reveal the stories! 😉 You can buy it from Amazon