A fantastic take on Pencil Day – This advertising agency has written this out quite well!
Our task for today is to sell a pencil.
Typically, one starts with the features –
- You can write/draw/scribble and erase it too
- It is has attractive and neon yellow color
- It gets highlighted on men’s light-colored shirts
- It is handy in use
While most advertising agencies pick up the features to promote; it is not what the customers care about. At BRIM, we have a practice of positioning branding efforts in ‘Backwards’ style. Let me explain. While most creative firms would start off in designing brand identity keeping in mind the products and its features, at BRIM we start with the target audience demographics. Here’s the reason why:
- Customers are basically selfish (and nothing wrong with that). They want focus on themselves.
- The reality is that the customers give not much importance to the products; but to what the products would make them feel.
- Take a look at any…
View original post 437 more words